Sure, classic lasagna is delicious.
Sometimes, though, we crave something a tad less carb-heavy.
This Fat-Burning Zucchini lasagna is the perfect way to lighten up the classic dish while dieting.
Pro tip: Zucchini releases a good amount of water, so we like to dab it with a paper towel when the lasagna is done cooking, and then broil until the cheese is bubbly and crispy. 😍
Made it? Let us know what you think in the comment section below!
YIELDS:8 – 10 PREP TIME: 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME:1 HOUR INGREDIENTS:
1 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
2 large eggs
Freshly ground black pepper 1
3 large zucchini, cut into wide strips using a Y peeler and drained on paper towels
3 c.shredded mozzarella DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, Parmesan, and eggs and season the ricotta mixture with salt and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara in a baking dish and layer with two layers of zucchini noodles, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella.
- For the final layer, make a zucchini lattice. Layer zucchini noodles side by side at a diagonal in the baking dish.
Lift the bottom half of every other noodle and lay another zucchini noodle across diagonally. Repeat until top layer is full.
- Sprinkle with more Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until totally melty and zucchini is cooked through, 30 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.